Take the Top of the World Hike in Laguna Beach
There’s never a bad time to visit the charming, laid-back southern California town of Laguna Beach – this fall is no exception! If you’re looking for a mild, warm, and beautiful place to unwind for a few days, our Laguna Beach Hotel is exactly what you’re looking for. Join us for a bit of fun on the beach or perhaps an adventure with the Top of the World Hike!
The Top of the World hike is one of our favorite ways to get out and enjoy this mild fall weather and take in the breathtaking views of California’s coast. When you’re done hiking and exploring for the day, the comfortable accommodations at our Laguna Beach Hotel, conveniently situated just off the Pacific Coast Highway, will be waiting for you.
Whatever you decide to do while you’re visiting this fabulous part of California’s coast, know you’ll have a comfortable retreat waiting for you at our Laguna Beach Hotel. We’re conveniently located near many top attractions and things to do in Laguna Beach, including the best beaches. With summer crowds gone, there’s never been a better time to escape to the beach for a little R&R. Book your room at our Laguna Beach hotel today!
Enjoy the Top of the World Hike This Fall
If getting outside and enjoying an invigorating hike sounds appealing to you this fall, then there’s nothing better than the Top of the World Hike in Laguna Beach. The hike is about 2.4 miles and will take around 1.5 – 2 hours to complete. It’s a relatively challenging hike, but the view from the Top of the World hike is more than worth the effort it will take to get there!
As you start the Top of the World hike, you’ll walk through the traditional coastal scrub habitat of California’s coast. Once you reach the summit of the Top of the World hike, you’ll be standing just over 1,000 feet above the dramatic California coastline, where you can see Catalina Island and Mt Baldy in the distance.
If you want to enjoy the views from the Top of the World hike but don’t have the time or energy to hike up there, you can also drive up to Alta Laguna Park. You’ll find an easy trail connecting the park to the viewpoint at the Top of the World hike. This is dog-friendly (leashes required), so if you’ve brought your furry friend along to our pet-friendly Laguna Beach hotel, this is a great hike to choose from.
More Things to do in Laguna Beach This Fall
There are plenty of great things to do in Laguna Beach. Though there are stunning beaches and popular surfing spots here, Laguna Beach is so much more than a lovely coastal retreat in sunny southern California. Laguna Beach is known as a creative, artistically driven community; as such, you can expect to find many wonderful things to do in Laguna Beach.
Taking the Top of the World hike is one of the most popular things to do in Laguna Beach, but that’s just the beginning of this exciting town. Below, we’ve compiled a list of 8 more of our favorite things to do in this beautiful town this fall.
- You can absolutely still visit (and enjoy!) the beach during the fall! Our favorite beaches – just minutes away from our Laguna Beach Hotel – include Victoria’s Beach and 1000 Steps Beach. Mix a little hiking in with your beach day at Crystal Cove State Park, easily one of the most popular things to do in Laguna Beach.
- Another great beach to visit, especially at sunset, is Heisler Park. What a great way to relax and unwind after the Top of the World hike!
- If the Top of the World hike has you thirsty for more adventure, head to Laguna Beach Wilderness Park. Fall is a fantastic time to enjoy a bit of hiking, and we love the Laurel Canyon Trail here.
- The gorgeous landscapes of Laguna Beach aren’t the only thing to enjoy while here. There’s also a great arts community here. Start your adventure at the Laguna Beach Art Museum. It’s the oldest museum in California, and it only showcases works from California artists or works depicting California and the state’s history.
- When you’re done there, head further into downtown Laguna Beach, and enjoy a variety of great shopping, art galleries, restaurants, and more.
- How about kicking back with a delicious glass of California wine or locally crafted beer? You’ll find plenty of great wineries and breweries in the area.
Between all of these fantastic things to do in Laguna Beach and the stunning views waiting for you at the Top of the World hike, there’s never been a better time to get away. What are you waiting for? Book a room at our Laguna Beach Hotel today!